Saturday, January 21, 2012

Low Fat Curried Chicken Salad

So Lowfat is not my idea of a good time, hence the way I look.
I finally decided to go back to weight watchers and try my hardest
at eating healthier. 

I love Shelf Reliance Chicken Salad due to it being quick, easy, and
tasty, so I thought I would try making a healthier version.

By the way, if you know anything about weight watchers, this comes out to
3 Points per serving on mixed greens. (Not too bad if I say so myself.)

ingredients

  • 1 cup Freeze Dried Chicken
  • 1/2 cup Freezed Dried Celery
  • 1/4 cup Freezed Dried Onion
  • 1/2 cup Fat Free Mayonnaise
  • 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
  • 1 cup Grapes (I used green grapes in this version, I prefer red) quartered.  You can also try craisins, but they are more fattening.
  • 1 small apple (I used Honey Crisp with skin on for color).
  • 3 c. water

directions

Combine water, chicken, celery and onion in a sauce pan over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer until reconstituted (about 10 minutes.) Drain in a fine gauge colander and rinse with cold water to cool. Make sure to get all the excess water out. Combine the cooled chicken mixture with mayonnaise and any mix-ins (apples, pecans, almonds, grapes, craisins etc. the options are limitless) Season with curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Serve on bread, bagels, crackers, mixed greens or pitas.




No comments:

Post a Comment