So Lowfat is not my idea of a good time, hence the way I look.
I finally decided to go back to weight watchers and try my hardest
at eating healthier.
I love Shelf Reliance Chicken Salad due to it being quick, easy, and
tasty, so I thought I would try making a healthier version.
By the way, if you know anything about weight watchers, this comes out to
3 Points per serving on mixed greens. (Not too bad if I say so myself.)
- 1 cup Freeze Dried Chicken
- 1/2 cup Freezed Dried Celery
- 1/4 cup Freezed Dried Onion
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 cup Grapes (I used green grapes in this version, I prefer red) quartered. You can also try craisins, but they are more fattening.
- 1 small apple (I used Honey Crisp with skin on for color).
- 3 c. water
Combine water, chicken, celery and onion in a sauce pan over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer until reconstituted (about 10 minutes.) Drain in a fine gauge colander and rinse with cold water to cool. Make sure to get all the excess water out. Combine the cooled chicken mixture with mayonnaise and any mix-ins (apples, pecans, almonds, grapes, craisins etc. the options are limitless) Season with curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Serve on bread, bagels, crackers, mixed greens or pitas.